By Casper de Groot, Hannu Tommola (eds.)
Read Online or Download Aspect Bound: A voyage into the realm of Germanic, Slavonic and Finno-Ugrian aspectology PDF
Similar linguistics books
The transparent and straightforward strategy to get a deal with at the technology of speechThe technology of ways humans produce and understand speech, phonetics has an array of real-world purposes, from aiding engineers create an actual sounding Irish or Canadian accessory for a GPS voice, to supporting forensics investigators determining the individual whose voice used to be stuck on tape, to assisting a movie actor make the transition to the degree.
Grounded essentially within the ethnography of communique and aligned with the multidisciplinarity of discourse research, the publication examines using proverbs within the way of life of a social community of Mexican-origin transnational households in Chicago and Michoac? ?n, Mexico. numerous and distinctive analyses of exact proverb use display that proverbs during this specific inhabitants functionality as a hugely contextualized communicative procedure that serves 4 discrete social features: to argue, to propose, to set up rapport, and to entertain.
*Colourful packing containers and tables current language basically *Lively, illustrated workouts and video games make perform enjoyable and powerful *Pre-tests establish scholars' problems *Regular revision sections and development exams consolidate language studying *CD-ROMs supply extra grammar perform and video games *Teacher's consultant comprises resolution keys and additional photocopiable attempt
- A Generative Grammar of Afar (Sil Publicatons on Linguistics, No 65)
- Interpreted Languages and Compositionality (Studies in Linguistics and Philosophy) (Volume 89)
- Essential Readings For IELTS
- Tests and Drills in English Grammar. Revised Edition (English as a Foreign Language Series)
- Kant and the Platypus: Essays on Language and Cognition
Extra resources for Aspect Bound: A voyage into the realm of Germanic, Slavonic and Finno-Ugrian aspectology
To appear in Die slawischen Sprachen, 1. TIMBERLAKE, Alan 1982 'Invariance and the syntax of Russian aspect'. ) 1982, 305-331. T0MM0LA, Hannu 1981 'On the semantics of 'situations' and 'events''. ), Terminologia ja kaannosteoria, osa Β. (= Vaasan korkeakoulun julkaisuja/Proceedings of the University of Vaasa; Tutkimuksia/Research Papers, 80) Vaasa, 80-119. VENDLER, Zeno 1967 'Verbs and times'. In: Linguistics Cornell University Press, 97-121. in Philosophy. J. 1972 On the Compositional Nature of the Aspects.
It DIE Sent. 165 Verb 1 No. of categories: 32 (Do you know what happened to me yesterday? I WALK in the forest. Suddenly I STEP on a snake. It BITE me in the leg. Verb 1 No. ) He COUGH once Sent. 162 Verb 1 No. of categories: 31 (Do you know what happened to me Suddenly I STEP on a snake yesterday? ) Sent. 99 Verb 1 No. ) He WRITE the letter in an hour Sent. 101 Verb 2 No. of categories: 31 (Last year, the boy's father sent him a sum of money) When the boy GET the money, he BUY a present for the girl Sent.
2. e. variants of the aspectual classes themselves by typical features of the course of the aspectual action. What is here called the character of action in aspectological literature is often connected with aspectual-semantic groups. However, taking into account their specifics, it would be more accur- ate to speak of them as actional meanings which accompany the aspectual meanings (features). Such joint meanings can be denoted by the term "aspectualactional meanings" (as distinct from "actional-aspectual" meanings which stress the inclusion of aspectual meanings into the wide area of actionality).